Proven effects of EMS on back training based on scientific studies:
- 88% of participants significantly reduced their level of back pain
- After just 2 training sessions, 20% of people were pain free, and 50% after 6 weeks.
- The frequency and duration of pain was reduced by more than 80%.
- After 2 weeks of EMS training, the pain intensity decreased by 50%; after 6 weeks by 87%.
- In 44% of the chronic back pain patients, the pain was completely gone.
- The endurance level for typical, everyday back strains (lifting heavy loads, manual labour, housework, sport,
driving a vehicle or sitting for long periods) improved by up to 30%.
- The biggest improvements were already seen during the first 2 to 4 training sessions.
Pelvic Floor Training with EMS
Electrical stimulation is used to treat urinary incontinence by sending a mild electric current to nerves in the lower back or the pelvic muscles that are involved in urination.
Electrical stimulation is usually done by a physiotherapist or doctor, but can be also carried out at a qualified EMS training studio. Timing and duration of therapy varies. At Sweat22 Fitness Studio, your treatment may consist of 12 weeks during which you have 22 minute sessions twice a week. This kind of stimulation can be used for both urge and stress incontinence. At Sweat22 Fitness Studio, our professional trainers are able to assist you with a home treatment session. Yes we are mobile and can come to you.
At Sweat22 Fitness Studio, Electrical Stimulation (EMS) of the bladder can also be done by placing electrodes under your skin, either through your leg or into your lower back. This is usually done for severe urge incontinence or overactive bladder that hasn’t been helped by other treatment.
EMS is done by putting an electrical stimulator under your skin above your buttocks. It is attached to electrodes that send pulses to a nerve in your lower back (Sacrum). The sacral nerve plays a role in bladder storage and emptying.
Incontinence problems such as stress urinary incontinence, and pelvic floor weaknesses are major health concerns for women. Recent statistics show one in four women are affected and some experts even estimate it to be two thirds of women! At Sweat22 Fitness Studio, we are here to support women post-pregnancy with weight loss and intensive pelvic floor treatment plans with EMS training sessions. Studies show that the symptoms eased by approx. 75% after just 6 weeks of EMS training.